Highlights of the program
- This Program is jointly offered by the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering and the Department of Physics at IIT Roorkee and select partner Universities of Taiwan.
- Admission through M.Tech admission programme IIT Roorkee based on GATE rank.
- Ten graduate fellowships of amount Rs 12,000/- PM (on top of GATE fellowships) to selected candidates by Divya Sampark Technology Innovation Hub IIT Roorkee.
- The students enrolled in the Joint Master’s Program will spend 2 semesters in each University (First and Last semesters at IIT Roorkee, Second and Third semesters at Partner University).
- The Students will get opportunity to do coursework & research at Universities of Taiwan working, under joint guidance, on industry relevant problems in Semiconductors.
- The graduating students will have high scope of jobs and research opportunities in area of Semiconductors Fabrication, VLSI, IC Design and Testing both in India and Taiwan.
- We have signed the JMDP agreements with the National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) (QS World #177), and National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University (NYCU) (QS World #202). The agreement with the third university National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU) (QS World # 332 ), is in the final stage and the draft is under consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree in B.Tech.(Electronics & Communication Engg./Engineering Physics/ Electrical/Instrumentation or its equivalent in relevant discipline).
- M.Sc. (Physics/Electronics/Applied Physics/Photonics/ Engineering Physics) or equivalent in relevant discipline.
- GATE in disciplines EC/PH/EE/IN
Link to Information and Application Portal (Program Code 59)
For any query please contact
Prof. Sanjeev Manhas
Department of Electronics and Communication Engg.
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee