Dielectric Waveguides, Electromagnetic Scattering, Millimeter-Wave Instrumentation and Measurements
||High-Frequency Hardware Developer
||Rohde & Schwarz, Munich, Germany
||Institute of Radio Frequency Technology, University of Stuttgart, Germany
|Doctoral DAAD Fellowship
||German Academic Exchange Service
||2015 to 2018
|Masters DAAD Fellowship
||German Academic Exchange Service
||2013 to 2014
|Bell Labs Prize (Finalist)
||Nokia Bell Labs
||Millimeter-Wave Dielectric Waveguides Based Chip-to-Chip and Multicast Interconnect
||University of Stuttgart, Germany
||RF and Microwave Engineering
||Electronics and Communication Engineering
||West Bengal University of Technology
||Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
||M. Tech with specialization in RF and Microwave Engineering
|RF and Mixed Signal Circuits
|Introduction to Microwave Measurements
|Wireless Communication Laboratory
|Fundamentals of Electronics
||Status of PhD
|Wireless power transfer
|RF simulations using machine learning
|Antenna design for UAVs
||Prashant Pratap Singh Chauhan
List of Journal Publications
- U. Dey, "Review of Techniques for Particle Spectroscopy from DC to Terahertz Frequency," in IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, 2022, doi: 10.1109/TIM.2022.3193171.
- U. Dey and J. Hesselbarth, "Millimeter-Wave Multi-Static Scattering for Sub-Wavelength Particle Characterization," in IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 2351-2362, April 2022, doi: 10.1109/TMTT.2022.3145014.
- U. Dey, S. Agasti, Y. Li and J. Hesselbarth, "Analysis of Anapole States in Dielectric Spheres and Application to Near-Field Enhancement," in IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 1144-1156, Feb. 2022, doi: 10.1109/TAP.2021.3111312.
- U. Dey and J. Hesselbarth, "Subwavelength Particle Spectroscopy by Measurements of Electromagnetic Scattering at Millimeter-Wave Frequency," in IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 699-710, Jan. 2022, doi: 10.1109/TMTT.2021.3124241.
- U. Dey, M. Lippoldt, Y. Li and J. Hesselbarth, "Millimeter-Wave Measurements and Applications of Dipole Modes in Spherical Alumina Dimer," in IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 20, no. 12, pp. 2349-2353, Dec. 2021, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2021.3110664.
- G. Sterzl, U. Dey and J. Hesselbarth, "Subnanoliter Sensing of Dielectric Properties of Liquid-in-Flow at 190 GHz," in IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 808-811, June 2021, doi: 10.1109/LMWC.2021.3062221.
- U. Dey, J. Tonn and J. Hesselbarth, "Millimeter-Wave Dielectric Waveguide-Based Leaky-Wave Antenna Array," in IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 361-365, March 2021, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2021.3050200.
- U. Dey and J. Hesselbarth, "Millimeter-Wave Dielectric Slab-Based Chip-to-Chip Interconnect Network Allowing for Relaxed Assembly Tolerances," in IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 493-503, March 2021, doi: 10.1109/TCPMT.2020.3048155.
- U. Dey, S. Agasti and J. Hesselbarth, "High-Gain Dielectric Endfire Antenna by Forward Scattering of Dielectric Spheres," in IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 2310-2314, Dec. 2020, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2020.3031015.
- U. Dey, J. Marin, and J. Hesselbarth, "Low-loss and tunable millimeter-wave filters using spherical dielectric resonators," in International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Cambridge University Press, pp.1-5, Nov. 2020.
- U. Dey and J. Hesselbarth, "Spherical Dielectric Resonator Antenna Operating at 180 GHz," in IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 19, no. 8, pp. 1380-1384, Aug. 2020, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2020.3001851.
- U. Dey and J. Hesselbarth, "Building Blocks for a Millimeter-Wave Multiport Multicast Chip-to-Chip Interconnect Based on Dielectric Waveguides," in IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 66, no. 12, pp. 5508-5520, Dec. 2018, doi: 10.1109/TMTT.2018.2873356.
List of Conference Publications
- U. Dey, Y. Li and J. Hesselbarth, "Millimeter-Wave Resonant Spectroscopy of Sub-Wavelength Dielectric Particle," 2021 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium (IMS), 2021, pp. 485-488, doi: 10.1109/IMS19712.2021.9574958.
- C. -T. Chang, C. -L. Yang, U. Dey and J. Hesselbarth, "Measuring Vital Signs on Fingertip Using K-Band Spherical Dielectric Resonator," 2020 50th European Microwave Conference (EuMC), 2021, pp. 933-936, doi: 10.23919/EuMC48046.2021.9338184.
- U. Dey, J. Hesselbarth, J. Moreira and K. Dabrowiecki, "Over-the-Air Test of Dipole and Patch Antenna Arrays at 28 GHz by Probing them in the Reactive Near-Field," 2020 95th ARFTG Microwave Measurement Conference (ARFTG), 2020, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/ARFTG47271.2020.9241370.
- U. Dey, J. Tonn and J. Hesselbarth, "Versatile Dielectric Waveguide Based Leaky-Wave Antenna with Open Stop-Band Suppression," 2020 German Microwave Conference (GeMiC), 2020, pp. 36-39.
- U. Dey, J. Tonn and J. Hesselbarth, "Millimeter-Wave Leaky-Wave Antennas Based on Polymer Rod with Periodic Annular Metal Strips," 2019 12th German Microwave Conference (GeMiC), 2019, pp. 9-12, doi: 10.23919/GEMIC.2019.8698170.
- U. Dey and J. Hesselbarth, "Dielectric slab waveguide based millimeter-wave leaky-wave antennas," 12th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP 2018), 2018, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1049/cp.2018.0435.
- U. Dey and J. Hesselbarth, "Millimeter-wave Chip-to-Chip Interconnect Using Plastic Wire Operating in Single and Dual Mode," 2018 IEEE/MTT-S International Microwave Symposium - IMS, 2018, pp. 1549-1552, doi: 10.1109/MWSYM.2018.8439683.
- U. Dey and J. Hesselbarth, "Millimeter-Wave Multicast Chip-to-Chip Interconnect Network Using Dielectric Slab Waveguide," 2018 IEEE/MTT-S International Microwave Symposium - IMS, 2018, pp. 378-381, doi: 10.1109/MWSYM.2018.8439155.
- U. Dey and J. Hesselbarth, "Concept of a dielectric waveguide-based chip-to-chip multicast interconnect," 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Radio-Frequency Integration Technology (RFIT), 2017, pp. 156-158, doi: 10.1109/RFIT.2017.8048234.
- J. Kowalewski, U. Dey, T. Mahler and T. Zwick, "Vivaldi antenna with improved directivity for medical applications," 2015 German Microwave Conference (GeMiC), 2015, pp. 123-126, doi: 10.1109/GEMIC.2015.7107768.